At the end of this class you will have:
- Built and program your own robot. a simple rover that can follow the instructions and avoid obstacles
- Acquired the knowledge necessary to understand the basic principles of operation of robots, including industrial robots such as robotic arms.
- Used and applied the following:
- Sensors (temperature, proximity, ...)
- Actuators (motors, LEDs, speakers, ...)
- Processing and Control Units (Beaglebone Black with LabVIEW)
- Implementation of discrete PID control algorithms
- Tested for the Certified LabVIEW Certified Associate Developer (CLAD) $ 100 value)
- Developed working knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) and creates a 3D model of a robot
- Developed working knowledge of circuit and breadboarding
- Participated in TekZone Robotics Challenge
- identified and researched a project to improve your community
Robotics is an exciting fields where you get to create intelligent robots that sense their environment and perform various tasks autonomously. This course is a Robotics course using LEGO kits, especially LEGO EV3. It includes an introduction to some Robotics Concepts as sensors, actuators and microcontroller. You will also go through the pathway of designing, realizing and testing your own robot.
At the end of this course, the student will know how to:
- Brainstorm an idea as a solution of a problem
- Design the solution by himself
- Build the solution using LEGO Blocks
- Set the behavior of the robot through a program
- Test and fix bug from the solution he or she just realized.
Time Investment: 1 month
Prerequisites: There is no prerequisite to this course
- This is a Four (04) weeks course. Divided into Two (02) session per week. That means a total of Eight (08) sessions.